Contest Rules - What to keep in mind when you wish to participate
Rules & Conditions for International World Summit Award
- The WSA is open to any company, organisation or individual in the content industry in any UN and UNESCO member state.
- Submitted applications for the WSA can contain web pages, off-line and kiosk installations, mobile applications, games and interactive productions
- The only way to take part in the WSA is (1) to be nominated by a national expert, (2) to be nominated by a National WSA Committee, established by a national expert, or (3) to win at a national WSA pre-selection contest.
- There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All entries have to be launched products. No drafts, demonstrations or unfinished projects can be accepted.
- By submitting a project to the WSA, producers provide the WSA office with the exploitation rights for the submitted videos, pictures and other content for non-commercial use for the promotion of the nominated product, presented in print, broad-cast and any other forms of media, as well as for events.
- All submitted products must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2016.
- The same product cannot be submitted twice (i.e. submitted again).
- The producer must own the copyright of all pictures, sounds, contents etc. related to the production of his project. All software used must be licensed.
- The interface of the products can be in any of the United Nations official languages. All producer and project information must however be in English.
- A product can only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple submissions by the same organisation, company or team, each product requires a separate registration.
- Incomplete submissions and those not following the WSA guidelines will be withdrawn from the WSA selection process without notice. There is no way of challenging such a decision legally.
- Submitting a product to the evaluation and selection process does by no means entitle a producer to any benefits. There is no way of challenging this decision legally.
- Submission is free of charge.
- Contents in the entries for the WSA award have to abide by the rules and regulations mentioned in the UN Declaration on Human Rights. Submissions therefore which encourage war, the exercise of violence, fraud, racism or discrimination will not be accepted and eliminated from the jury process. Similarly, submissions that violate international copyright provisions will be excluded from the jury process.
- The WSA Organizers have the right to reject submission / entry without providing any further reason. The WSA Organizers can not be held liable for accepting of submissions or their contents and rights.
- WSA has the right to share promotional material and information about the submitted projects with potential investors and sponsoring partners.
- By submitting an application to the WSA, participants automatically subscribe for the WSA newsletter.
Rules & conditions for national selections.
To take part in the WSA 2016 National Pre-Selection, you must apply using the downloadable template.
- There is no restriction or limitation in operating platform or channels.
- All entries have to be real products. No drafts, demonstrations or unfinished projects will be accepted.
- A product previously selected for nomination to the WSA contest will not be eligible for consideration for the WSA 2016.
- The producer must own the copyright of all pictures, sounds, contents etc. and all software used must be licensed.
- The interface of the products can be in Dutch, French or English language. However the application form for the international award has to be completed in English.
- A given product cannot be submitted under multiple categories. The applicant must select the category most appropriate for his product.
- In case of multiple products by the same organization, company or team, each product requires a separate submission / application.
- Incomplete submissions and those not following the National Pre-Selection guidelines will be withdrawn from the selection process without notice. The decision of the WSA 2016 National Expert in this regard will be final.
- When submitting a project for the WSA 2016 National Pre-Selection, participants automatically agree to the guidelines set out herein. Submitting a product to the evaluation and selection process does by no means entitle a developer/ producer to any benefits.
- All materials submitted to the WSA 2016 National Pre-Selection process ( CDs, DVDs and/ or any other material) must be sent to the national expert to reach no later than 04.00 pm on 30th June 2016. The national expert will not be liable to pay for any mailing or transport costs. All products must be mailed/ couriered or delivered at the cost of the sender.
- Entries to the WSA 2016 National Pre-Selection must respect in their contents and user interaction the UN Declaration on Human Rights. Submissions therefore which encourage war, the exercise of violence, fraud, racism or discrimination will not be accepted and eliminated from the jury process. Similarly, submissions which violate international copyright provisions will be excluded from the jury process.
- On all matters relating to the selection process including acceptance or rejection of submissions as well as in the final selection of the nominees the decision of the WSA 2016 national expert will be final.
- ll the successfully registered applicants for the WSA 2016 National Pre-Selection will be acknowledged within 72 hours from the time of submission. An applicant who does not receive such confirmation should notify by email to email@example.com.